How do I get rid of fleas and ticks in our home? - Haines Road Animal Hospital

That's a great question. So to get rid of that 95% of the population, daily vacuuming is essential. Also, be incredibly thorough in washing the dog’s beds and any rugs. The most effective treatment that I've seen, though, is simply to make sure that we treat your animal for three months because fleas can only live a few days without being on their host.

How do I get rid of fleas and ticks in our home? - Advanced Animal Care

There are some over-the-counter products like foggers or bombs or things like that that you can pick up at your local hardware store or Lowe's or Home Depot or places like that. You can also work with a professional pest control company to help get rid of those fleas. But it's vital that you target that environment as well as your pet, because we see about maybe 5% of the flea population on your pet and the remaining 95% of that flea population is in your home.