Are you in a rut? Looking for a change? Looking to leave your corporate owned practice? Looking to grow and expand your veterinary technician knowledge?
Harlingen Veterinary Clinic is a privately owned family-style practice where each member of our team is encouraged and supported so that they can thrive.
We are currently hiring an EXPERIENCED veterinary technician, with a minimum of 1 year on the job experience. We offer a competitive wage commiserate with experience and skill level, as well as a great benefits package including health, paid time off, 401K, and personal pet discounts. Our hospital is always striving to better ourselves and so a wide variety of CE is available for the potential candidate to improve and hone their skills.
We are a very busy, progressive AAHA practice that sees a diverse number of cases daily, including standard small animals as well as exotics (Reptiles, Avian, Small Mammals etc.). Applicants should be friendly, compassionate, outgoing, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a variety of situations.
Applicants must be client and patient-focused and genuinely enjoy working with people and their pets.
- Greeting clients, making them feel welcome
- Maintaining accurate electronic medical records
- Liaison communication between clients and veterinarians
- Ability to triage patients
- Knowledge of veterinary products (vaccines, preventatives, medications)
- Filling prescriptions (basic pharmacology knowledge / familiarity with monthly preventatives, familiarity with medications)
- Patient Restraint and handling
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds unassisted
- IV catheter placement and basic blood collection skills
- Monitoring general anesthesia and understanding surgical procedures and protocols
- General hospital care/maintenance
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Great people skills to assist in client education
- Desire to learn, and to be taught
Welcome to Harlingen Veterinary Clinic in Belle Mead, New Jersey. We make every effort to provide a comfortable atmosphere for our clients and patients. At Harlingen, we focus on enhancing the well-being of your pet and supporting the human-animal bond. Dr. Christine Newman and her team are committed to providing the highest quality veterinary care with personal friendly service. Our dedicated employees enjoy meeting our guests, and they strive to address you by name and greet you with a smile at every visit. Your questions and concerns are met with respect and attention, and we offer our clients the most comprehensive collection of pet care information and resources available. From your first appointment, you are treated as a member of the Harlingen family! Once you are familiar with our facility, our professionals, and our extensive pet care services, we know you will feel comfortable with us and excited about what we have to offer you and your pets.