At Countryside Veterinary Clinic, veterinary assistants support the veterinarian and/or the veterinary technician in their daily tasks. The assistant will be required to educate owners during office appointments, assist in the restraint and handling of animals, complete blood work, administer medications, and may be asked to perform kennel work, and feed and exercise the animals.
People who show effort and enthusiasm to receive this job position are much more likely to be considered.
We take customer service very seriously so please only apply if you are good with people AND animals, care about people AND animals, enthusiastic about working hard and making money, and work well with others/co-workers!
We would need the person we hire to start training immediately. Training is provided.
VERY BUSY Veterinary Hospital in Ellicott City, MD looking to add another SMILING, FRIENDLY, UP-BEAT, POSITIVE part-time Veterinary Assistant to our team! Our Veterinary Assistant position includes both working with the veterinarians in appointments AND working in our kennel with our boarding patients.
Countryside Veterinary Clinic has been voted the #1 Veterinary Hospital by the Howard County community for the last 6 years and in the top 3 since 2006. We only hire the very best!
- Happy and enthusiastic,
- RELIABLE, RELIABLE, RELIABLE,
- Able to be on feet for entire shift,
- Able to handle the physical requirement needed to restrain difficult/strong animals
- Neat and organized,
- Professional etiquette,
- Well kept professional appearance,
- Good manners,
- Good at working with other people in a TEAM,
- Positive attitude,
- Comfortable handling animal feces and other unpleasant matter,
- Comfortable with many types of animals.
- and finally... you must love animals AND people!
- Quick learner
- Efficient with keeping busy during downtime
- Extremely efficient in multi-tasking
- Comfortable with euthanasia services
- Computer skills
- Communicates well with people
- Efficient in high-tempo environments
- Pays extreme attention to detail (note that this job is in a HOSPITAL and it is very important to be able to multi-task efficiently and extremely carefully or risk the result of harming someone's pet)